Quote:
turbosteff said:
3. I am able to buy a car only because it looks good (the reason for buying the 997 and my Aston Martins). I do not need data from SA to sleep well. But I assume now I am again in your opinion a naive uninformed person.

Not at all. It is absolutely fine to buy cars based on their design It is also fine not to give any consideration to the Supertest. There is no law that says "the Supertest has to be consulted before buying a car"...

However, it does not make sense to shed dubious light on the Supertest without proper arguments in hand. You are free to state: "I am not interested in these test results". No problem. But I (and others) have a massive problem if posters (not only yourself) question the validity and integriy of a leading German car magazine and its major (unusually detailed and professional) test on the basis of a skewed and incomplete knowledge base

Believe me, we - that we take notice of the Supertest results - have been reading, interpreting and discussing these tests for years. You can assume that we do have sound reasons to spend time on doing this. We would not do it if we believed that the entire test is nonsense.

Any opinion is fine as long as it is supported by arguments. Just repeating opinions is not enough and leads to frustration on behalf of those who try to make Rennteam something special. The level of disucssions here is different from other forums. Just my opinion.