Quote:
STRADALE said:
Quote:
chrisNY said:
Quote:
STRADALE said:
Quote:
chrisNY said:
Stradale, I have Fabspeed exhaust and love it. I visited both AWE and FS (both could not have been better hosts) to hear their cars and ultimatley chose FS.

If you want to take my car for a spin , let me know.

Techart springs are going on this week. AT some point I'm sure I'll do the ECU.

Champion wheels are beautiful and would be a great choice. I have the RF67 and love them.

Did you get their tips too?
Who installed your exhaust?

Why'd you choose FS, were both around the same sound level wise?

Geez, I listed the wrong wheel model, the ones you got the RF67's are the ones I like. Did you stay with the stock tires or did you get new rubber? What did the wheels/tires cost? Could you post some pics of your car?

Thanks TT Gasman & Rami!

Rami - What do you like about the Europipe?

Stradale, I chose FS because I liked the sound a bit better (a little louder than AWE). Both AWE and FS will do the install. I had mine installed by RPM Racing in Plainview. You can have them do the chip as well if you'd like.

I kept the stock tires as I only had 3,000 miles on them.

Pics of the car are here which you've seen:

http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php?Cat...true#Post374486

Thanks Chris. I remember seeing your pics & love that style wheel. When I have Detailing Dynamics do the 3M I'll have to get those side markers too, very nice. I noticed on the Champion site that they list Porsche Roslyn as distributer and since I've had very good experiences w/ them service wise I'm thinking of having them do all the work including the wheels. Or would a Porsche dealer not do the chip????? Not sure yet. Plainview is a short drive for me too.

I was thinking of 20's but now I'm thinking maybe I should stay stock size because of the roads I drive on. Is it possible to fit wider 19" tires on that style rim/ do they have different widths in that style 19" wheel? Do you know what the weight comparison of those wheels vs stock? Have you had any issues at all w/ the exhaust or wheels? I know I can find out by calling Champion but wanted someone elses opinion first.

I had Jason at L.I. Bentley/Lambo mount the wheels. He came recommende by both detailing dynamics and RPM. Two places both recommend the same guy, and that's good enough for me.

I didn't weight my wheels but I would expect them to be in the 18F-22R neighborhood. Definitely lighter than stock. I'm not a fan of 20" but that's personal choice. Not sure if the 19" will allow for a wider tire. Jesse at Chapmion is very helpful.

I would be surprised if Roslyn would chip your car. Don't let anyone tell you differently. Chip the car and you will void your warranty. Of course the dealer would have to prove that the ECU was the casue of the failure but i'm pretty sure that would get very nasty.

My E55 was pretty heavily modded and I had a tremendous relationship with my dealer. They told me that they would do whatever they could in the event of a problem but once a regional tech is called in all bet's are off.

Locally, I heard Massapequa is pretty mod friendly but again - if a regional tech has to come in, I don't think they'll be waving the (insert favorite tuner) EVO, protomotive, etc.

I'm pretty sure at some point I'll chip it but you just need to know that there "COULD" be ramifications.