Quote:
RR4 said:
This argument is going nowhere until someone tells me if Auto Sport - with HVS - are lapping the Ring AND timing each car they post on their TOP RING TIMES always on a CLOSED course or always on a public day, AND always in the same conditions? If they aren't then the times that are posted by Auto Sport mean nothing.

There is absolutely no statistical significance to any of the times, in the least, if they are not identifying the track conditions of each lap time they post AND whether they were performed on a closed track, or a public day track.

You will never get a confirmation here, I tried and the best I can get from all these HvS fans here is: 'trust me, we know he is doing these laps right'.

There is no confirmation ANYWHERE, not even on Sport Auto's own website on how they do their laps, so for all we know all the laps could be of different length and they use different length to get different 'times' to their likings.

A lot of guys here will quote wiki but that wiki entry is not made by HvS or Sport Auto, so there is still no official word from HvS and Sport Auto on how they do the lap.