lukestern:
Whoopsy:
Boxster Coupe GTS:
MKSGR:

If Tesla should survive as an independent company until 2020 this would be a major success already... They should focus to resolve the disaster they are in right now and not add other trucks, speedsters etc. to a product portfolio that exists in the virtual only (model 3).

Good point, well made.

Speaking to equity and credit analysts that cover Tesla, it is evident that Model 3 delays and capex plus operating costs resulting in significant cash burn. Q3 results poor and share price down 20% from high, so not a good backdrop to raise equity. But the company needs to raise liquidity before year-end to avoid "going concern" discussion with auditors!

So what do they do?

Announce a speculative new product and ask the first 1000 customers to pay $250k upfront, i.e. a $250 million interest free unsecured loan for 3 years or so. 

If the company fails to deliver in 2018, the Roadster will never make production and customers will have lost their $250 million in deposits, given there is $10 billion in senior ranking debt.

Here's a quote from the Financial Times...

"The company has already begun to take reservations for the new Roadster, which will cost $200,000 when it is released in at least three years’ time. Prospective buyers must pay a $45,000 deposit, but the first 1,000 produced will be a limited-edition “Founders Series” costing $250,000 upfront.

If Mr Musk succeeds in selling all those to his wealthy fans in Silicon Valley and beyond, it will give Tesla’s finances an instant $250m boost."

FT article link: http://app.ft.com/cms/s/095e5a76-cb4f-11e7-ab18-7a9fb7d6163e.html

Cause Tesla-believers has become a cult that follows whatever Elon says.

https://realmoney.thestreet.com/articles/11/17/2017/tesla-color-me-not-impressed-market-recon?puc=yahoo&cm_ven=YAHOO&ypt...

Top of this article is some additions.

Tesla has already burn through 4 billion in related expenses for the Model 3 last fiscal year. and from that they made.......250 cars.

In comparison to the much different cult that buy every "special" edition Porsche model because it makes sense Smiley

Isn't what you call "cult" just some sort of brand loyalty and brand liking? There are people who actually like Tesla products. What's wrong with that?

Cult is narrow focus, thinking their leader is the greatest and can't be wrong and everyone else that criticizes are wrong. Nothing wrong with liking Tesla products, but when someone defends Tesla pointlessly, then that's cult.

Yes I do buy a lot of Porsches, but I also buy everything else. Right now in my garage there are Porsches, Land Rover, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, BMW, Honda, VW. 7 different brands. And there had been Ferrari, McLaren, Mercedes, Volvo, Lexus, Mazda, Jeep, Lincoln, Chevrolet, Ford, Acura, Audi, probably a couple more that I forgot. Don't think that's called brand loyalty.

I do defend Porsche at times, yet you all have all seen me trash them too when they are wrong. 

Have any Tesla cultists ever trash Tesla? Nope!

--