Quote:
cibergypsy said:
I've driven the 2001 996 Turbo that my brother had prior to buying his F430 and I loved the car. At that time, I had a 2004 996 C4S and I kept it when I should have traded cars with my brother. That would have saved me a lot of money because I ended up selling the C4S and buying the Carrera S that I mentioned in this post. I am trying to make up my mind as to wether or not I'd be better off, as far as depreciation is concerned, by selling my Carrera S now and cutting my losses and moving on to a very nice 996 Turbo S that is Certified Pre-Owned until 2010 with 16,000 miles. For comparison reasons, my Carrera S is a 2006 with X51 and Aerokit as well as adaptive sports seata, Carrera Classic wheels, full leather interior, Bose Surround Sound and a myriad other options that made me pay $121430 for it when all was said and done. I optioned the car like that because I intended it to be a "keeper." Now, with all that goes around regarding the M96/M97 family of engines and their wet sumps, RMSs, their completely removed origins from the GT1 engine the Turbo carries, I have something like a "chip on the shoulder" when I encounter GT3, GT2 and Turbo owners, something like a feeling that my car is missing the essence of continuity that all other 911 have had since 1.963 - sort of an inferiority complex.
By the way, I do love the way the 997 drives when changing directions, turning and how it feels nimbler than the 2001 Turbo as well as the sound of the atmospheric engine at full rpms with the PSE, but I don't think it is objective since it's been a while since I drove the Turbo and it wasn't a last year model with all the improvements those models should have. I also love the 997s interior more than the 996 series but it's not like the 996 series is bad at all! Like I said, if I had kept my brother's Turbo and sold the Carrera 4S, I wouldn't be in this position as I'd be very happy with that car as a keeper and would have saved me over $50,000 plus any depreciation I would incurr if I do sell my 997 S.

PM me if you decide to sell it!