Quote:
nberry said:
Message...Dr. Phil, expand your horizons.

Well well. nberry advises against buying a Porsche. Now there's something new.

I must admit I've not driven the "M" version of the Z4. But I did borrow a 3 litre one for a few days not long after it came out when I was assessing which sports car to buy with an open mind, I must add. At that time I'd narrowed it down to a Z4, Lotus Elise / Exige, MB SLK32AMG (don't laugh) or a Boxster. I'd had a Honda S2000 before and it did nothing for me. If the Z4 was my only experience of sports cars it would have seriously put me off ever getting one. For life.

Ride was abysmal. Far harsher than even a "hardcore" Elise and about as harsh as the Exige, which did at least have the compensation of such superb precision handling. I can't believe that there is any suspension at all between seats and wheels. I don't normally suffer with back ache but I had one for days after I handed the thing back. It was THAT bad. Vision forward was terrible. Great long bonnet that Dr Froyd would have gone into raptures over. Slab of fake aluminium styled facia with tiny little instruments lifted straight out of an X3. No side or rear vision to speak of at all with the soft top up. I do like the rear styling and it has a great engine. But I couldn't hear it because of the constant moans and whingeing from SWMBO sat next to me. And then the very worst thing about a Z4, or any other BMW.

Having to come into contact with arrogant, indifferent and shoddy BMW dealers.