Quote:
Heist said:
Quote:
nberry said:
There is considerable false information regarding the supposedly high cost maintenance for Ferrari's. Though I reaily admit the past models were expensive to maintain, the new 360 and better yet the 430 are no more expensive than most high perf sport cars.

There is a 5000 mile or year maintenance which requires a change of oil and many of the fluids. The cost is about $1100.

The second maintenance is the three year or 15,000 mile. It is a little more extensive and usually cost around $4000.

The next maintenance period is the 30,000 mile. I am not sure what is involved but I am told the cost is around $4000.

The F1 clutch will last about 25,000 miles for intense city driving and over 30,000 miles for a combination of city and highway driving. My 430 has over 10,000 miles and has about 22% clutch wear.

BTW a F1 clutch replacement is around $4000.

Disagree. Ferrari's are some of the most expensive cars to service because nearly everything needs to go through the dealer or to the dealer for the part/fluid/tool.

Everything is specialized.

Case in point (and this would be a bargin to Ferrari owners), I foolishly blew some bonus money 4 years ago on a used 996 TT.

My oil change and fluid change was $589.89 ... it was seared into my memory because I nearly strangled the guy when he smiled in my face with a bill in hand.

Coming out of an M3 where I would this would be a like a $250 (at most) visit.

So I can imagine I'd probably ask for a shotgun if someone handed me a $1100 bill for a fluid and oil change!

996TT's first scheduled service was about $1300 which was about what I expected.

So a $4K visit for the same items (filters, fluid check, etc.).

mate , your first comment was you don't own a 430 , yet you disagree with someone who has one .

you're on drugs

nick is right