Quote:
werner said:
I happen to own an ML320cdi(wife does the school run in this) and took delivery of a low milage Cayman S last Friday evening.The torque of the diesel is delicious but the sound of the Cayman past 4k revs is addictive!I absolutely love this car and it's great to play with ohter fellow enthusiasts regardless of what they drive.Recently, one evening on my way home from work whilst driving an SLK on the highway I flew passed a 996 Turbo sitting in the slow lane. He immediastely engaged and we both had great fun although there was obviously no contest.We both new this from the get go.He waited several times for me and flashed goodbye at my off-ramp. To me this is the spirit of what makes us sportcar enthusiasts. We cannot all afford the newest Turbo's or 430's but a least we can occasionaly enjoy each other without malice.In real life 3,597 sec's is nothing.The memory that lingers is the enjoyment of seeing an awesome piece of machinery in action.

Seem like the Turbo owner is a true petrol head and happy to have a play, regardless of the level of spending power you have.

Wonder if he went home and rued how you dare you challenge his mighty turbo (did you not who he is??? ), not likely I bet