Quote:
TB993tt said:
Quote:
MKSGR said:
Did you note how "peaky" the modified hp curve is around the maximum hp level? Thus, under full acceleration the hp output will vary quite substantially with each gear (and corresponding rev) change... Just compare this hp diagramm with the corresponding chart of the Ruf Rt12 which is kind of plateau shaped at the top end. The difference is quite striking...

I understand what you mean but I am certain that this is just because of the difference in how the curves are generated.
The CG plot above does appear to be taken straight from the RS engine dyno chart which amusingly prints out in a fairly old fashioned way with plot points every 500rpm up to ~3750rpm then every ~250rpm thereafter generated by their Borghi & Saveri engine dyno (same a Ferrari F1 use !)
The Ruf dyno plots look like they have been smoothed in some way and I wouldn't compare them directly with the RS sheets.....
As you say above both companies are pretty reputable and if there was more area under the curve to be had before the peak one would assume RS would know how to get it ?

The thing is: there are rumours (from a highly reliable source) that the VTG chargers are inferior to classical turbo chargers at very high revs/hp. Thus, traditional turbo chargers might be more efficient at peak-hp level than VTG chargers. If true, this could also explain the shape of hp curve in the RS chart...