Gnil:
Grant:
noone1:

Such is McLaren ownership. They really don't have that many dealers in the US and quite a lot of people have some decent distance between them and the dealer.

I'd have to go a long way - nothing in Colorado.  Either Texas or Arizona (maybe 1,300km or so)

--

16 Cayman GT4, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

In Switzerland there are 3 dealers ,  the country is about 300km from one end to the other on the longest part . I would have to drive 70 km to the next dealer and I thought that was way too far Smiley

When the dealer in Munich opened, they had exactly one mechanic and one service employee. Smiley Not even sure there are more people working there right now... Smiley

The idea of having to drive to Munich for every single issue kind of horrifies me, even if it would be a 30-45 min. drive only (depending on traffic). One major reason I always think about selling my Shelby is the distance to the next (capable Smiley) mechanic. Thanks god I found a guy who is very capable and even better, he can do diagnoses over the phone. For everything else, I have an OBD reader and I can send him over the data (error codes, etc.) he needs. Still...if something is really wrong, I would have to drive 200 km. Smiley

So yes, I prefer dealerships in my neighborhood. It not only saves time but nerves as well.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)