Quote:
Alex (UK) said:
Had a long chat with the head Sales guy in the principal OPC here in the UK today.

First the good news; looks like I might have secured a Nov build slot for Dec delivery! Fingers crossed that goes through.

Now the bad news; colour resale values. Turns out that Black is THE best for holding value for resale. After this follows silver, and more so each month white ("the new black"). The issue is that my previous favourites Blue, Red and Olive Green will be worth between 6-9k less (blue > olive > red being the worst) come resale.

Resale value is a hot issue for me as firstly I am not made of money, and secondly I plan on trading in as soon as the 998 Turbo comes in.

So that leaves Black, Silver and White.

This is where the problems start. White is a little too stand out for my likes, I own a basalt black 997 now, and I am not convinced on silver for the Turbo.

There was a new flat black Turbo in the showroom today and I must say that it did look good - especially with the lower spoiler lips/slats painted.

So what I need from you guys is some opinions on Arctic Silver.

Anyone got any feedback/pics on Arctic Silver you could share?

I have to wonder if those resale numbers will hold true in the USA.

As for AS it's a great and easy to maintain color...and definitely a Porsche classic. My only complaint is that it is also really common. Though I personally like white there is a lot in the showroom right now. IMO it's questionable whether resale on white will be as good as black or silver.