Drive Woodside/LaHondaRd twisties prob twice every wkend that I'm in SF...great roads that I know well.

Had 997S Tip/steel brakes (back at launch in ?Fall04). 997TT Tip/PCCB (Fall06). Drove 997S perhaps 6K mis; 997TT some 3K mis....many mis enjoyed in those Woodside twisties (and on 280).

From recall, turbo lag is a major, annoying issue in Woodside twisties (and a primary reason why I traded-in 997TT early, even before using it as my winter, rainy-season AWD SUV commuter car ); 997S' lack of tq is annoying in twisties (esp for those accustomed to 63/65/599 motors); have never bothered w/Tip buttons (ergonomics are worthless for me vs F paddleshifters); and would observe that PASM in either 997S/997TT is not well-sorted vs bumpy stretches, sudden road elevation/camber changes, etc....found traction of both 997S/997TT to be excellent in damp spots/leaves in twisties.

Suspect pace of advances in chassis hardware/software in past 1-2 yrs is remarkably fast; need to expce the new tech for self on own favorite, familiar challenging roads (esp bumpy, sometimes wet, mtn twisties) to really appreciate the advances....

Those who currently drive 599 marvel re: advances in chassis tech, stab ctrls, gearbox, etc (and the myriad of computerized interlinks) expcd in mtn twisties driving vs their prior 430s....and F is struggling to build 599s w/Luddite 6-speeds that effectively interlink w/the various chassis computers.....raising the question of whether a paddleshifter tranny w/human input will be as fast/smooth/stable as a fully computerized/networked gearbox within next 1-2 yrs as various drivetrain/chassis/stab ctrls computers become faster/smarter/more interlinked....

Perhaps P will quietly advance PASM software in '08 models (sort of what F continually does w/F1 trannies)....quietly, to avoid angering prior buyers.....but not sure P R&D is quite as productive/leading-edge as F R&D in chassis/gearbox/NA engine tech....P clearly wins in passive safety tech (rather important, given how many errant, oncoming cars one faces in Woodside twisties), but is lagging in many other areas of dynamics tech advances