Coming from the NA 997, I went with the Turbo. One thing that I felt not adequate for me in the NA 997 was low end torque. In this aspect, the GT3 is barely an improvement, if at all. Since I was young, I've had this idea that once in my life I MUST have a taste of 911 turbo power. So for me it's power and torque over handling.

Second and less important reason: I can't stand the GT3 wing. It is very awkward looking to me (purely a matter of taste). Despite of the Turbo's busy styling, I still prefer it over the GT3's.

As far as the reviews, most, in fact more like ALL, of the negative Turbo reviews have tested it in an environment that it was definitely **NOT** designed for, not primarily anyway: the track. In these brief drives against the GT3 and other track monsters,the Turbo will lose every time. It's long term usage (where the stiff ride and lack of noise isolation are not for everyone) and daily driving characters that a reader must consider/judge on his own initiative.

But... it was a TOUGH decision. The GT3 gets uniformly great reviews, especially for the track. My next Porsche might be one. But by then I might have become addicted to the awesome turbo power.

Quote:
chipper said:
If you had the choice between the GT3 and Turbo as a street car, which way would you go? Nearly all reports on the GT3 have been glowing, while reviews of the of the Turbo have been mixed.

So is the Turbo still the best for the street? Or is the 997 GT3 just as capable? And maybe more fun?