Any $150K+ commuter car is fundamentally discretionary....and one should be commensurately OCD re: car's options&color spec/newness/latest-tech, etc....

Absolutely would never buy any car unless it's new; personally, refuse to even buy new cars that have been sitting on a dealer lot/showroom...

Previously owned cars (even buy-to-flip cars w/<100mis) entail no lemon law recourse...and typically cannot get cheap, mfr-subsidized $0 down lease terms (which often entail more efficient sales tx, esp in CA)....and, if can't lease car economically, lose advantages of lease-gap insurance coverage....

Have always spec'd my cars; taken deliv within day of arrival at dealer; and typically trade-in @5K mis or 6mos (whichever comes first)...

Any cars that are exuberantly driven (no matter how carefully detailed/parked) will absorb brake/tire wear, clutch wear, poss wheel deformation, assorted stone chips, etc...I'm fully satisifed w/absorbing deprec costs so I can inflict all of that "patina" upon my cars before trade-in....

Doubt anyone really knows what the decay curve of latest-tech sport tires/wheels/brakes/chassis components, etc is under use on normal, imperfect pavement public roads....presumably, part of why car fanatics are willing to absorb deprec costs of rapid turnover is to drive latest-tech new car in near-original-factory-spec mechanical condition during one's use period....

Prefer to trade-in cars before any signif dealer svc is needed....suspect factory-spec assembly, robotic installation, etc is always preferred to any car manipulated even by a factory-authorized dealer for normal svc....let alone any silly aftermkt nonsense developed w/"extensive" R&D/safety testing on a few customer cars (if that)...

Every 6-12mos there's always another interesting latest-tech car being launched by F/P/AMG...or one can simply get a fresh new copy of same car w/inevitably upgraded/debugged tech....