Whoopsy:
Adam2S:
Whoopsy:
Adam2S:

The infotainment reset is a bug in an earlier release of the software and it is fixed now.  I had my dealer apply the latest firmware and it went away overnight.

The firmware that fixed the bugs is :

App : 2.3.1
Base : 1.053

Actually there is another new version out in mid October too - this one adds in Android Auto support too.  All available through your dealer free of charge. Smiley

Cayman GT4, Racing Yellow, PCCB, 918 Style Full Buckets

Aston Martin V12 Vantage S Dogleg Manual, Kermit Green, Buckets

Looks like the latest version is already out, I just got my car flashed. One step ahead of you now Smiley

Wow, thanks - most importantly has it sorted the crashing for you?

Funnily enough I emailed the factory yesterday about the October release and they havnt responded yet.  For the avoidance of doubt does this release include Andriod Auto ?  Also can you confirm please if when using USB if it resumes playing the same track as it was on before rather than starting from the first track again.  The engine needs to be off for 1min+ for this bug to occur.

Smiley

--

Yes, the constant flip flop of the screen is gone.

And sorry I don't have anything Android so I wouldn't know about the Android Auto thing. For the USB play back, I will try later and let you know.

And about that update, boy do I have a beef to pick. The arrogance of the service advisor is unbelievable. I booked an appointment to get have the car updated, and when I showed up to talk to the guy about the update, he said he doesn't know anything about it and question me about telling him how to fix a car and he hasn't hear about the software update. He wouldn't be humble and back down, and proceed to escalate the issue by calling out their Aston tech and ask him. The tech didn't know either but at least he said  he will call up the Aston rep right there to check. Needless to say, after calling the Aston rep he was embarrassed but still defiant.

Being the jack ass that I am, I called the owner of the dealership, which is part of the same group as Porsche and Land Rover and I knew him cause of my Porsches, and bitch to him about the attitude of his staff right in front of both of them. When I go back to pick up the car, he did a 180 and super nice to me. Sometimes people just needed to be put in their places by an outside force.

Yeah, tell me about arrogant service people...I could tell stories... I don't get it: They know that things change constantly, so why would they be asses when a customer asks for their help? Even worse when they know they were wrong and don't apologize. This is a character flaw and something I do not like to experience with the person I need to be able to trust with my car. I avoid picking a fight with them because some people are asses but others can be outright psychopaths and I do not want to have these kind of people to work on my car. You get my point. I changed dealerships three times in my life because of trust issues. Go figure...

Sorry to hear about your issues with that idiot, this really can ruin the whole ownership experience of a car.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)