Quote:
SoCal Alan said:
Quote:
Eric (Plug Guy) said:
I can get a brand new F430 spider for Sept delivery in the US from at least two dealers. This all came about in the past 3 days, after weeks of thinking about this car and chasing a few new/used ones.

Is this a new policy by Ferrari dealers now? At least a few of them? No more waiting list, just pay their markup and order the car with the options you want for almost immediate delivery.

Quote:
Eric (Plug Guy) said:HOWEVER, with a price north of 325k (US, and that number is around 100k over LIST), I'd be hospitalized by my wife and banker for doing it.

Why? If that is the market price for that model/year? I know it's high, but that is supposedly the supply/demand price.

AFAIK, dealers in SF/Greenwich sell F's@MSRP to their many repeat custs w/very reasonable wait times (<6-12mos post-launch)

In mkts w/less deep buyer bases, dealers logically would rather sell spots at mkt via brokers who can move new F's to deep-money mkts that want them now and will pay for immediacy....been going on for yrs ; there simply isn't a lot of money in Podunk, where many US F dealers are unfortunately located, and FNA allocations haven't adjusted for this reality....not surprising as F was a hard-to-sell new car 10 yrs ago in US, even in CA ...US maldistribution will prob be an accelerating trend as wealth concentration/annual repeat buyer base in certain US urban regions intensifies, while old dealers in Podunk fight to retain their allocations, to very profitably sell at mkt through brokers into the fast-growing SF/Greenwich mkts (lots of new F's mysteriously migrate up from LA dealers to SF to arbitrage the mkts; perhaps not that many repeat F buyers on LA's vaunted Westside??? )....

That said, economically rational guys (in context of fundamentally discretionary toys) prob eval cost of ownership, not in nominal MSRP terms, but in terms of likely one-yr deprec vs whatever one's entry basis is...whether MSRP or mkt....

Real question for most buyers is whether $50K 997TT one-yr deprec/$80K CL65 one-yr deprec is a good value vs ?$80K 599 one-yr deprec (if bought at mkt; 430 is now a dinosaur, as most who've extensively driven/own both 599 and 430 will observe )