Why not the real thing..... unfortunately, I live in the US, which means no GT3 for me. The car was ordered in April and even now, there is still no definitive word on the GT3 coming to the US, so I had to go for the next best thing.

There is no doubt that the GT1 based engines are better than the M96, but the M96 is better than nothing.

I based the X74 decision on a few things. I was not worried about stiffness with a C2 coupe, no sunroof and a GT3 clubsport cage... the car is VERY stiff. The H&R kit was my alternate option, but I do still drive the car on the street and have become a firm believer in factory knows best. I'd love to know more about what is actually modified in the X74 bodies.

Where did you hear that the GT3 sway bars are not recommended? I wanted some adjustability to tune under/oversteer in the car so I selected them. If the car does not feel right, I can always switch to the H&R. I also was no thrilled with H&R not distinguishing between the sub 01''s and the 02/03 cars which do have some changes.