Quote:
Patriek said:
I was in Modena, at the factory last week, and everybody there told me replacement should be there in 2010, (press end 2009), and NOT 2009 or even 2008 as Nick here is telling us.
The production cycle of the 430 should be 5 years !

They are also building new production plants for the coming "Dino". Also the current production lines of both the 8 and 12cyl will be replaced.

Patriek the factory tour guides know less than you or I regarding models and timing. I often wondered whether they were kept deliberately in the dark in order to protect the information.

Again, Ferrari is on record no more 430 sales in the US after August 2008. here is the summary of the DOT exemption.

Taken directly from the Federal Register

Federal Register / Vol. 71, No. 98 / Monday, May 22, 2006 / Notices 29389

SUMMARY: This notice grants the Ferrari
S.p.A. and Ferrari North America
(collectively, ''Ferrari'') application for a
temporary exemption from the
requirements of S14.2 of Federal Motor
Vehicle Safety Standard (''FMVSS'') No.
208, Occupant Crash Protection. The
exemption applies to the Ferrari F430
vehicle line. In accordance with 49 CFR
Part 555, the basis for the grant is that
compliance would cause substantial
economic hardship to a low-volume
manufacturer that has tried in good faith
to comply with the standard, and the
exemption would have a negligible
impact on motor vehicle safety. The
exemption is effective September 1,
2006 and will remain in effect until
August 31, 2008.

In their supporting documents, Ferrari indicated the replacement will be ready in the latter part of 2008. Therefore, they asked for the exmption until Aug 2008. If they were not going to replace the 430 at that time, they would have asked for a longer period for the exemption.

Finally, please understand the Ferrari dealerships in the US suffered a great deal in the early ninties and many went out of business. If Ferrari cannot sell its best selling car after Aug. 2008, most of the dealers will probably go out of business. Their only hope is if they do not replace the 430 at that time, they get the exemption extended and that is a very rare occurrence given what they had to say in their supporting documents.