Quote:
shin said:
Quote:
VKSF said:
Timelines for car model cycles keep changing/are likely shrinking, as are those of any tech-intensive goods in a competitive mkt w/weak mfr pricing power, despite an explosion of global wealth creation (I suspect the guys at less tech-intensive Patek/Petrus laugh at F's inability to materially raise MSRP globally, despite dollar's decline over last 3yrs and the alleged unmet US demand for F's)....

Consider various factors that didn't exist/were much less signif 5 yrs ago, e.g., F's own financial strategy vs Fiat, poss IPO/spinoff and need to optimize oper profits; fixed produc vols vs expand produc vols; pace of mech/tech hardware/software advances; pace of advances at P/AMG; though F artificially lims US to 30%ish of global F produc, if US F mkt softens, doubt various emerging mkts will view F brand as strongly (clearly, EU demand for F is fairly tepid, best illustrating the "delicate" supply/demand game F plays ), etc etc....

And yet, the factory people confirm just the opposite :

"I was in Modena, at the factory last week, and everybody there told me replacement should be there in 2010, (press end 2009), and NOT 2009 or even 2008 as Nick here is telling us.
The production cycle of the 430 should be 5 years !

They are also building new production plants for the coming "Dino"."

Don't always believe what the factory tries to tell you. They also said that there will be no Dino, now they are building production plants for it.

Dealer told me to expect the 430-replacement in late 2008.