My 996 was rear ended twice & I rear ended someone in that car. So it had 2 new rear bumpers and a new front bumper - a lease inspector came to my garage and gave the car a 10 min once over. Then I turned the car in and walked away.....

Quote:
911Dave said:
Quote:
STRADALE said:
Quote:
John SF 2005 997 S said:
Insurance said not to claim against the car directly behind me because they're just going to say they were pushed into me anyway which is correct. So my claim will be covered under uninsured motorist coverage and then they will try to go after the crackhead woman who hit the car behind me.

I have an appointment at the body shop this afternoon. I can't open the engine compartment because the deck lid is bent.. but the car seems to be running fine. I'm not so worried about a perfect repair, just the hassle of having a rental and waiting etc etc... it's just a pain in the ass..... Also - It's a LEASE... I WAS thinking of buying the car at the end of the lease - but no more - Now I'll get a new one !!!

You're better off because it is a lease. If it was financed you would be the one hurt in the re-sale value.

The fact that it's leased won't help. Upon lease turn-in, the car will be inspected for all types of damage, especially evidence of accident repair, which they will find no matter how well the repair is done. They will most certainly devalue the car appropriately and he will have to pay for the loss of value out of his pocket (or buy the car). I've been through all this before.