I agree that cost is the "heart of the matter." However some of us could absorb a reasonable cost if that is the only issue, and "therein lies the rub." I believe other lingering questions for people on the fence like me:

1. Replacement cost: 3-5k per rotor? The rotors have been reported to last to 47k miles. But is this 47k miles the norm? I plan to keep this turbo at least 4 years. When will this bill come? The possibility of a fifteen thousand dollar brake service down the line is daunting.

2. If PCCB is better, why is the stopping distance not shorter? Does it not mean PCCB is only "subjectively" better?

3. In the wet: Some (including RC I believe) have said the first brake application in heavy rain or after a car wash *could* be an eye-opening experience; the brake doesn't work for a split second or so. Others have denied this problem ever happening. The fact of this issue being mentioned at all is a big problem for me. My worst case scenario: The P car is a daily driver, when it rains there are occasional "pools" on freeways that sometimes I go through without seeing, and there have been times that I had to apply the brake while driving through these pools.

4. I've seen discussions of hairline cracks in the rotors or pads: whether they are "normal wear and tear," whether small ones are ok, etc. A picture of a rotor would be posted, some would say normal, others advise to replace immediately (Sorry I've read many posts on PCCB but don't keep the exact quotes. Admittedly these are mostly PCCB I discussions, but will PCCB II be completely different?), and these include people who should know, such as dealers. I don't like this uncertainty and the implication that I have to, or IMO "should," always keep the brake condition in mind, outside of routine maintenance. Here I would say cost, AND time, are issues.

5. Someone corrects me if I am wrong: But is it true PCCB rotors don't wear like their steel counterpart; they just become structurally unsound? I could see down the road a situation where the dealers think the rotor "might" need to be replaced. At 8k per axle, vs. one's safety, this will be "disturbing."

6. Accidental breakage from gravel or tire change. Life is too short for me to worry about this one.

From what I have read, nearly all PCCB owners give it extremely high rating and think it is worth the money. So despite of the above negative's, I am still on the fence. Right now I am actually leaning towards "maybe" getting it. Mainly for the brake dust advantage and the fact that they look so pretty in yellow.