Funny that the 2000 miles is there because Porsche advises us to maintain light driving conditions!

Get it? The manual says basically baby the car and by having us baby it they increase the number of miles it takes to complete the break in. It's totally recursive.

So the joke's on us! If you choose to stay under 4200 RPMs it will take longer for the car to break in.

If you ignore that (but at least drive nicely for the first 300-500 miles) your oil consumption will be really high (consumption may "alarm" you) but you'll break the car in sooner.

LOL.

I'm glad Panorama solved the freeking problem once and for all. It's out of the mouths of Porsche engineers: period. If people would only read it carefully.

Here's my point "redlined:"

Just to make sure you get it, the key point is contained in them suggesting but not requiring driving "under light driving conditions," so customers don't get alarmed at high oil consumption. driving lightly takes longer to accomplish break in: _therefore_ they specify 2000 miles. I'm still chuckling