Last Saturday afternoon my car was delivered to the dealership. I get to work on Monday and open my email and find out that my car is on the dealer's lot and the salesman informs me that I can get it that afternoon (Monday). I have some unusual work obligations and can't commit the hours that I think the process (car delivery) is going to take for Monday or Tuesday. So I am kind of frustrated - but my sense tells me to wait and get the car when I can take my time and enjoy the experience. I email the salesman back and tell him Monday and Tuesday is out of the question. He replies back and tells me to please come get the car by Wednesday because of end of the month sales numbers. This comment kind of ticks me off, because I have been waiting patiently 4 months for the car, - the whole time - I have been emailing him more then him emailing me about car's progress.

So anyway, I tell him I will be around Wednesday morning to get the car. I show up Wednesday morning around 10am and he is surprised to see me; he didn't think that I would be there so early. Wife asks sales manager where the car is. He tells her that the car is in a special place.

So we sit down in the salesman's office for a few minutes and the salesman tells us to come with him to inspect the car. The car is it's "special place"; out back where a guy is standing in front of it and another car with a hose and bucket. I am inspecting a car with filth and grime, various plastic coverings in some places. I cannot tell if there are scratches or what.

So me and wifie study the car in this condition, but we really know that it is pointless. I lose the common sense that I had because I am lusting for the car and am ready to take it in any condition. We end the inspection and proceed to handle all of the paperwork. Mistake numero uno! I should have ended the process right there and said I would be back when the car was properly detailed.

To make a long story short we ended up taking a hurried up wash job when I had the patience up front AND the dealer had plenty of time to make a quality delivery. My interior and trunk was also sub par.

I have bought other high end cars and the other dealers always attempted to make it a special experience.

I am thinking I am going to hang the guy when Porsche sends me their sales experience questionnaire.

Should I attempt to rectify the situation or should I just hang him on the questionnaire?

I ended up spending the majority of my day yesterday working on the exterior doing what I feel I paid for in the first place. I was starting to fume when I thought I could be driving around on a beautiful day instead of detailing a car. Oh yeah and the gas needle was between 3/4 and 7/8. It definatly was not topped off. Quality to me is in the little things.