noone1:

The Expanse is quite good. It's on Syfy. Not sure what else currently, but I'd say if a network has one or two really good shows per year, that's not bad. We pay for HBO year-round even though we probably only watch a couple shows per year. Maybe if your'e a huge couch potato that watches TV hours and hours per day it could be an issue, but if you like to watch maybe a 2-3 hours of high-quality programming each week, I'd say there is plenty out there.

So current series that are popular and generally good:

SyFy: The Expanse

Watched the first two episodes, didn't like it and I am a big SciFi fan.

HBO: GoT, Westworld, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Silicon Valley

Not a fan of GoT, believe it or not. Westworld is nice but again, not really my cup of tea. Curb Your Enthusiasm is hilarious, I love Larry David, can't wait for the new season. Silicon Valley? Not my cup of tea.

Starz: American Gods, Ash vs Evil Dead

American Gods has an interesting concept but I think it is only successful because of the sex stuff. Smiley Ash vs. Evil Dead is fun, I like it a lot.

Showtime: Twin Peaks, Shameless

Not interested.

Netflix: Comic shows, Wet Hot American Summer, Stranger Things, Narcos

Not really interested in Netflix program...disappointed and I watched first episodes of almost all their hit shows.

I mean, there is plenty of good programming out there. Not saying you'll like it all, but there is more than enough for it to be worth a few dollars per month.

Yes, there is good programming but I find it somewhere else.

I like Shooter, good action tv show. I like Preacher, very weird and fun (but a bit violent). Also a fan of Lucifer, it is fun (and my kids love it too Smiley). Big Bang Theory (family favorite), Mom (me and my wife love it), Veep (fun, reminds me of the British tv show Yes, Minister, also a favorite). Rosewood, our family favorite (we watched it always with the kids) has been cancelled unfortunately. My wife's favorite shows were Castle and The Mentalist but they already ended and she hasn't found another favorite crime show since. Also enjoyed the first season of Into the Badlands but the second season isn't even half as good. Me and the kids are also awaiting the new comedy show The Orville, a SciFi show mockery of Star Trek and Co. Should be fun.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)