Quote:
Porsche-Jeck said:
Quote:
Gnil said:
With my first set I did 6000 km

Too much trackdays or an endless string of powerslides on those alpine pass roads ?
BTW: do you guys change all 4 tires (even if only the rear tires are gone) I'm asking because I'm wondering how the car will handle with brandnew tires at the rear axle (perfect grip) + half worn tires at the front axle (with mediocre grip). Might cause more turn-in understeer

As for the original question (tire mileage): 13 tkm (with a Boxster S though). I guess a poll would make more sense if everybody adds how he uses the car. For example in my case it's 40% "lame use" (city etc.), 30% Autobahn with frequent high speed legs and 30% "spirited" drive on winding country-roads. I'm sure the tire mileage would shrink to Gnil's number if the "spirited" portion would be bigger

I go through rear tires at more than double the rate than front tires. By all means replace just the rear if the front is not worn more than 1/2 way.

I am currently trying out some Bridgestone tires with a 40K mile tread wear warranty. They got me through the winter with excellent traction and they give up very little dry traction. They are also half the price of the michelin pilots!