You don't seem to understand: I do not care about fuel consumption on my car(s) because I enjoy them. Saving fuel is not a priority for me. If you would offer me a GLC 63 S AMG or a Tesla X P100D for free, I would always take the Mercedes. Why? Because the Tesla sounds and drives like crap. Only thing which I love about Tesla is the interior with that large display and the tech "inside" it. As a gadget lover, this car is a dream come true. As a car lover, this car is a nightmare. That simple. wink

As to Germans saving fuel: Of course they care, this is why so many Germans are driving Diesel cars (you can drive around in a 300 hp Diesel at around 7 l / 100 km Diesel consumption, no problem) but I doubt that the inconvenience with the charging is worth for many people to switch to an ELV. Not now.

Also, Germans are not stupid and often well informed: They care about the total ecological balance sheet and this is where ELVs don't really shine right now, especially when the energy comes from coal and when considering battery production/future recycling and whatnot. Then, there is of course the media: As long as people don't get brainwashed with "ELVs are a must" messages, people won't change their buying behavior. Probably a reason why ELVs haven't been too successful so far, despite that 3000-5000 EUR incentive for buying a hybrid or ELV.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)