Mithras:

Christ, Kreso you inadvertently hit on Rennteams;s main issue. There is no middle ground allowed, tolerated or wanted. Anything that seems to be middle ground will be pushed to the far side by whomever is responding from which ever end of the spectrum they are responding from. Moderation is the cardinal sin.

I don't think many of us here are saying that Tesla's are the best car ever, best car out there, does everything better than anything else!!! (I certainly am NOT!). But if you aren't saying that they are TOTAL pieces of crap then you are a Tesla apologist who is painted as saying Tesla's are the best car ever, best car out there, does everything better than anything else!!! 

Not all Europeans look for a car that handles corners and can cruise at 100mph all day long as the first two things they want in a car. Not all North Americans only care about drag racing from a stop sign or green light. The vast majority of people out there want a car that will take care of their day to day needs in a cheap and nice way. Even all of us that have multiple cars and are "car" people almost certainly have a car that is for day-to-day needs and isn't a pig on gas.

Most of us are not looking at a Tesla as a canyon carver, an Autobahn stormer. It's something to take to the office every day and you never have to visit the gas station, you have a full fill-up each night. It's quiet, it has loads of storage room, it has great electronic toys. It also is too expensive and the interior, while nice-ish, is not up to the standards it should be. The range is all right but not enough for some users and it takes too long to charge. All valid concerns, but it remains a viable option for the vast majority of peoples needs.  

--

Past-President, Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region

Exactly my thought . 

Kreso, At the moment there is no alternative to TESLA in the EV market , so that's why only they get mentioned . Also the way TESLA  works as a whole is a different approach in the car segment .  I am sure once Porsche or Audi come with real EV it will be different, but for the moment one can not compare TESLA to anything else , that's why they are mentioned so many times . It does not make us ' fanboys ' or saying TESLA is the best car on the planet . Never said that .

You are a Golf E owner , you could say more about it  . I personally have never ever seen a Golf E on the road and I see TESLA maybe 10 times a day at least . 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS