bossman, I really respect your views so please don't get me wrong. However, many of us aren't as knowledgeable as you on the mechanics/engineering at work inside our cars. Like many people here, I am passionate about driving them without really understanding (in depth) how it all works. These cars are, relatively speaking, expensive purchases for many of us so we naturally worry when something doesn't seem right, doesn't make sense or if we accidentally don't follow the manual. Sometimes those slip-ups don't matter, sometimes they do. It's just that the less knowledgeable amongst us wouldn't be able to tell the difference between when these slip-ups aren't dangerous from when they might be. What seems obvious to you isn't necessarily obvious to some of us who have less technical knowledge than you.

Absolutely no offence intended - just trying to explain some of the anxiety of newbie Porsche owners who haven't had much experience of Porsche ownership

BTW: on this specific issue of knowing how to interpret the electronic engine oil measurement, I think my explanation is useful to those who are puzzled how it all works. I took me a short while to figure that out so I'm just passing on what I know if it's helpful to other newbies out there.