ALDO:
Whoopsy:
nberry:

Why do some claim that Tesla is for US drivers and not European? If I am not mistaken, gas prices in Europe are twice or three times higher than in the US.yes

Most of them drive diesel which is a lot cheaper than gasoline.

Plus, the Tesla's strong suit is straight line acceleration from 0 to freeway speed, something the Americans loved but the Rest of the World preferring cornering ability in addition to straight line power, the cornering is what Tesla is lacking. Also, Tesla doesn't do well in high speed, say above 150km/hr, that's something most European can do regularly on the European highways. 

I don´t think you are right.

I would assume that not 10% of all s-class, 7xx, A8 care much about cornering speed - they all care about comfort and prestige.

Highway speed in Europe - we have only Germany with no limit - rest of Europe has limits 120/130 km/h. So max speed is limit plus 10 or 20 km/h.  You can't drive regularly above 150 km/h. I drive each week from Stuttgart to Basel and Zürich. Stuttgart - Basel you can't get average over 100 km/h. Stuttgart-Zürich maybe 115 km/h. I drive not during rush hours and I try to drive as fast as possible and my car is not limited to 250.

You can do 150kmh cruising speed here in Spain, or Portugal, or other southern Euro countries, I do it every time.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS