Quote:
HighDesert said:
I don't see this as much as a quality issue as Porsche and the dealer standing behind their product and supporting their customer.

Why was your CardAn shaft replaced? Cardan shaft vibration/humming issues on Cayennes from 40-60mph are a documented issue. From what I recall Porsche received a bad batch from a supplier that impacted many '03 and even some early '04 vehicles. I think it was covered in a VIN based service action (not a TSB) and could actually be traced to the part number level.

Several owners have had the cardan shafts that fell in the 'bad batch' category replaced under warranty. There may have even been some good dealers that worked with Porsche to have the shafts replaced after warranty expiration since it was a known issue.

I was familiar with the Cardan shaft service issues when I complained about the vibration and was told by Porsche it was a wheel balancing problem. Twice I had the wheels balanced (by Discount tire) to no avail.

I have written my Porsche service department asking them to write off the $250.00.