Quote:
AndrewSS said:

Uh, I am sure they are capable of that... porsche is a company of marketing genius, am I right? They produce each of their cars perfectly where they want it to fall in their product line up. I think manufactures leave the whole go all out with power and blah blah blah to the tuners. Companies like porsche create their products knowing where it fits in their product line up. We wouldnt want the production GT3 to compete too much with their other cars, right? Perfect example is the cayman S, placed perfectly where it should be in the hierarchy... 300hp, pricing, etc.

I think the 997 GT3 is a wonderful car, as others have said, porsche is probably quite aware that GM has made a stunning corvette, however I think porsche isnt that worried about it. They have a market for themselves... im sure the 997 GT3 will be plenty profitable.

I hope that made sense.... lol.

That is about the most level headed response I have seen. While I don't agree with the comment about the pricing on the Cayman S being appropriate... ($50k+ for 300hp???) I still think the car is stunning.

However back to what I was talking about, Porsche knows that the Z06, while as amazing a car it is.... it won't steal many sales from Porsche. Porsche has a dedicated following of fans and enthusiasts, as does the Corvette Z06. GM built the Z06 for its fans and enthusiasts to show that yes, they are more than capable of building a world class car that can compete with and win against the best sports cars in the world, and do it at a much cheaper price. Each car company will sell cars based on the fact that people love them. Those of you lucky enough to own any of them should quit your whining about each other, and enjoy them. There are thousands of us who wouldn't complain whether or not we were driving a Z06 or a GT3, but would rather just love to have either.