Quote:
MMD said:
Yachting is a luxury and it is very expensive. EVERYthing is over-priced. BUT the people who CAN afford it don't notice it. Same would be true of intercontinental private aircraft.

Jerry Seinfeld or some Hollywood moviestar could care less that us$20K is an overcharge by Porsche.

It's just that "the rest of us" are used to getting good value in a car. A car is supposed to be practical necessity for most people in the western world.

Problem is Porsche is a LUXURY item and you are going to have to pay ALOT more to get it.

Is it worth it?

No- if you really can't afford luxury.

Yes- if you can.

Again, the fact that Porsche is a CAR is what's confusing; you'd think a car would be a "good value," and "fairly priced." Maybe think again... .

I agree. If they would make Porsche like 20% cheaper it would not be Porsche anymore, they have to keep it at a certain level in order to maintain their status. Porsche's always had the edge that make people buy them and enjoy them. I'd love to buy a new Porsche BUT i can't afford one and in my struggle to get one ill appreciate it so much i wont care about how much i paid, but that I have it hehe. This might be applicable to many P owners.

I just watched topgear test the 997 carrera S against the M6 and the new baby Austin and the Porsche totally destroyed them in a simple road test stretch!

I hear all these comments about Porsche's not performing too well anymore but i think they still are doing pretty well. They just have a perfect way of knowing how much technology to put in EXACTLY to be able to still make sales while keeping costs low, therefore increasing profits.

I have faith in the Panamera, it will showcase Porsches yet again and be expensive of course.

just my two cents