I also did a drive today and am posting without reading Herbalizer's review first - then it is more fun to compare the findings...

Drove the 720s today and I am very happy thinking about the experience. I feel the car is a huge step forward compared to the 650s. Much more refined and also, subjectively, much more fascinating in terms of interior and exterior design.

The car feels very precise and light-weight, cart like I would even say. The steering (in all modes) is very precise, nice feed-back. The car is super nimble on steering input.

Brake pedal feel is on the firm side, Porsche probably still being the benchmark here. The performance of the brakes is wonderful though.

Suspension is superb in all three modes. The softest mode is now precise and yet comfortable. Ideal for daily travles. While it was wet/rainy today I could still develop a very high confidence in the qualities of the Sport and Track mode. Last test (impossible today) would be front grip (with Corsa tires) on a dry track. That might be the only area where the GT2RS could be a sincere rival, maybe.

Gear box is not super quick on manual input – except for the track mode where the reactions are super quick. Auto mode works wonderfully.

The whole car has a high-quality feel and it is just lovely to use it also in normal situations.

The engine/gearbox combo has quite a bit of turbo lag in Comfort/Sport mode and gearbox in Auto mode – which I personally like as it adds to the excitement when all the engine power gets to work. I don’t need to talk about the engine power…

In summary, I enjoyed the car very, very much. Congratulations to McLaren SmileySmileySmiley