Damian, sorry I didn't find anyone willing to talk about the upcoming 997 facelift and engine upgrade. Did learn that the DSG for Porsche is ready to go for the TT, just a matter of when Porsche wants to roll it out, but I can't say which company I heard this from.

Interesting role reversal between import brands and Detroit vehicles. Toyota devoted nearly 80% of exhibit floor to its new full-size pickup truck and 15% to high horsepower/high performance concept sports cars (Lexus LF-A and hybrid Toyota FT-HS) and an M3 competitor version of its IS model that is coming with 400 hp. Honda showed a concept high performance sports car (potential NSX successor) that is actually front-engine, but 4WD and looks like a Corvette. Meanwhile, new German SUV's were prominent with Porsche unveiling its facelifted Cayenne, BMW its new X5 and Audi its Q7 V12 TDI concept car. GM, on the other hand, was stressing its energy technology prowess with a plug-in hybrid concept car Volt.

To be honest, I found this year's Detroit show not particularly interesting for the sports/performance car enthusiasts as auto companies were pushing pickup trucks, crossover vehicles and family sedans in their fight for the mass consumer.

Having trouble loading up pictures, so will have to wait until I get home to do so.