Quote:
devo said:
Quote:
MKW said:
Straight line acceleration is usually the first thing a new car owner becomes accustomed to ( and possibly bored with - it's the old phenomena of becoming " velocitized " , i.e., the car is still fast but you get used to it and become hungry for even more speed or rate of speed change). And with some of today's garden variety $35K " sporty sedans having better acceleration than mid-80s Porsche and Ferraris, there is a point now where one wonders how anyone can have any wide open throttle fun away from a track without seriously endangering oneself or others?
Nick has a point about buying a sports car that is fun to drive , sounds fun and is nice to stare at in the garage , even if you hardly ever go WOT in it.
Notice how there is very little talk about driving PLEASURE on any internet car board ? It's all bench racing, look at my new wheels/ego bashing or service /mechanical complaints.
Someone should start a board called " Iactuallyenjoy driving.com "

Well put. I'll join.

Thats exactly how I feel too. In fact after reading the December issue of GTPorsche, if I get another sports car as a stable mate to the 997tt, it's going to be a 356B. A well sorted 356 would be fun on country roads. I can't envision being able to extract the limits from the 997tt, I simply don't have the skill...or a track anywhere near me to do it. But I love driving it. Another three months and out of hibernation she comes. Well 4 months MAX
I couldn't be happier with the choice to get it...it exceeded my expectations, all around and I can't imagine needing much more than this and if I do...I'll mod it later. But these mods will have to enhance the fun I have when driving it. otherwise for me the changes would be pointless. Great post MKW. Long live driving.