Quote:
wtsnet said:
Quote:
MikeN said:I agree, the moderators should step in and clean house....give the non-Cayman owner gnats that keep posting here a warning and start rebuilding what could be a much better forum for the actual Cayman owner.

You are completely missing the point, and Zenephobia will get you no-where.
Please DO post over on the Boxster board - or even any of the other boards. A Cayman is 80% Boxster after all, so I hear. I'm sure you'll get nothing but good humoured, well-meaning responses to posts in the same spirit. I for one don't suffer fools gladly though.

And no-one still wants to comment on the original thread topic!

You might say that, but 90% of treads on this bb start out as normal well mannered threads and then it just descends into a few regular posters typing the same old stuff that's been in more or less every tread on this bb since the Cayman came out.

It's not that Cayman owners think the Cayman is the best car in the world, (I use to have a 911 before the Cayman btw), but when it's constantly berated with the same old lines by the same group of 3 to 5 people its gets very tiresome very quickly. Hence why everyone's pi$$ed off to a different forum. As a side note I can't stand ClubCayman, it's too "the Cayman is mighty blah, blah"

It seems to me almost all the treads on this board descend into a list of certain poster opinions of faults with the Cayman on every occasion, regardless of topic and woe be tide anyone who dares to say anything positive about the Cayman, even in this tread the same opinion from the same people are bring trotted out again for what must be the 50th time

For instance, to say, the Cayman is just a marketing exercise, it implies you must be gullible to buy one. Which I find pretty insulting. I find that a bit small minded, I wanted the security on a hard top and don't like the Boxster image either, so I went for the "drivers" version of the Boxster S.

This site will never change in my view, the regular posters are too 'clicky' and stick together to try and see off any individual who dares to change the status quo, with pointless agreeing/ and showing of unity when challenged.