Quote:
ResB said:
Quote:
rhino said:
I thought I had to replace all four at the same time, but this is going to save me a bunch of $$$

No, not really. However I think if for instance the two front tyres have a couple of millimetres tread depth between them then this could upset the traction control, in this case it is advisable to change them.

In the UK the legal wear limit is 1.6mm, however, it is apparently recommended to change when your as low a 2mm if that makes sense.

There is no chance that not changing the fronts would upset the traction control. It does not function this way. The fronts and the rears are not the same diameter/size in the first place.

The rear tires on these cars can easily wear 2 times as quickly as the front tires (It's the insides of the rear tires that wear out quickly). There should be no reason to change the front tires if there is even treadwear and plenty of remaining tread. Of course this does not allow you try out different brands but at least you will get twice the use out of the front tires.