Quote:
RC said:
I still doubt that the facelift happens in Sept. 2007 (MY 2008) but anyway: the most "p.ss.d" owners will be 997 Carrera/Targa owners. Why? Because their cars get substantial more power and new engines (direct fuel injection is in the word) too. Not the same with the Turbo, power stays the same but powerkit will be introduced and of course there will be the GT2 too.

So no matter how we look at the facelift, Turbo owners shouldn't worry too much since the technology, with exception of PDK maybe, stays practically the same.

From recent reports the 997 facelift looks to be happening summer 2008. So given all Carrera models will get Direct Injection (DFI) engines which yield more BHP and 10% better fuel economy, why wouldn't Porsche introduce this to the Turbo also?

There's no way I would personally fork-out that much money for a new Turbo with the knowledge that this significant leap forward (Direct Injection and PDK) is within touching distance of being introduced.

10% better fuel economy alone is worth waiting for IMHO. Especially here in the UK where fuel is so crazy expensive (eg. I spend Pounds250 ($500) in petrol for every 1000 miles I do in my C2S) and the Politicians bring in more and more taxes on thirsty cars. If Porsche CAN make a car more fuel efficient (assuming nothing is sacrificed in terms of buyers requirements) then they SHOULD!

If they don't introduce this technology in the facelift 997 then I assume we will all have to wait for the 998 Turbo released around 2012. This seems like a crazy long time to me given the technology seems already to be available in the new Cayenne...