Mithras:
RC:
pmarkow:
RC:
MKSGR:
Herbaliser:

As for the 997 GT2 RS you can twist it however you want but you can't buy a decent one for less than €350K.

If you feel that you need to pay at least 350k for a 997 GT2RS when the Internet is full of offers at this rate or lower, with cars priced in this range sitting there for 12-18 months, no transactions taking place you also proof that you are the person to believe in marketing messages like the one you quoted above ("like winning the lottery") etc. If you have the means to pay for the car you are the ideal victim Smiley

Some people don't seem to realize that the prices asked are not always (actually never) the prices paid. Especially in the car business. I am no speculator and I do not sell/buy cars in a professional way but I do know the numbers (a benefit of my part time job here... Smiley).

Guys, no need to fight over this though. While I am saying that I am not that much interested in the GT2 RS, make no mistake: If I could afford having more cars, the GT2 RS would definitely be on my priority list. Wonderful product, maybe a little bit overpriced compared to the competition (is there any with this look?) but still desirable. If someone wants to get this car to enjoy driving it, I will not have any objections. I know Porsche and although I do not agree with some of their product decisions and prices, the GT2 RS will definitely be worth owning (and driving) it. I have no doubts.

my issue is: will it be more enjoyable to drive than the .1GT3RS? i guess no. will it be more enjoyable to drive&own than the 488GTO? check no. so why am i getting one???

To make some money? Smiley Smiley

No turbo charged car will ever be more enjoyable than a sports car with a n/a engine. Maybe in the future if manufacturers really succeed in getting rid of that turbo lag. The 488 is pretty close to that I have to admit though. Much closer than Porsche (991.2 Turbo S) for example. Also, I assume that the 488 GTO will be at least as fast as the GT2 RS with a more exotic design (GT2 RS is definitely the Schwarzenegger of the 600+ hp car club).

You've never driven an F40 then? One of the most visceral and engaging cars I've ever driven. 

Nick, If you're looking for slower speeds but aural delight, fun in the corners and revs galore look to a short wheelbase S. Only a few '68's in N.A. (were never imported, I did have one and it was glorious) but you can get a '67. It's a special car and it makes the 3.6 Turbo feel big and bulky. So light and raspy and when it comes on the cam...Heaven.

+1.

Never had more fun then in 288, barely fit in it though.