When I ordered my 986S a few years back I had fully intended going for PSM, but my dealer talked me out of it and I'm glad. The truth is that given the distribution of mass and the quality of the chasis, PSM really isn't necessary IMHO unless you really enjoy hammering it in conditions when you ought to be at home in front of the TV!!! OK, if there were more power or if you lived in a climate where weather is an issue on a daily basis then maybe there is an argument, but under normal driving conditions in a temperate climate I believe the balance and poise of the unadulterated car is simply there to be enjoyed. (996 is probably a different matter, although I've yet to exprience a tail-out moment in that model)

ABS is a different matter however - it has saved me a number of times. Sometime you need a little help avoiding the other numptys on the road! Sure, a well trained driver can probably stop just as quickly using pure skill, but I like to have a little concentration in reserve for the colourful language and gesturing!!