Quote:
Seth said:
I was also in this class (sat next to man with the white hair and beard). On the last afternoon, in addition to an autocross team challenge, we spent time on the 2.3 mile, 15 turn road course track in the Cayenne Turbo, the S and the 996 C2. The Cayennes seemed quite fast until we got into the 996, then it was like another world on the track- the weight and size of the Cayenne became quite evident. Lots of fun, great instructors.

Seth is right, the Cayennes were great on the track but the C2 was better. I was riding with Cass Whitehead and two other classmates in a Turbo on the last day as he tried to catch a 911. We seemed to be able to stay up in the straights but the Carrera pulled away in the turns. I might point out that the Turbo was pulling, in addition to it's own considerable heft, two more passangers than the 911's.

After that I got a ride with John Lewis in a 911 and he put on quite a show racing against Jack Baldwin in another 911. They had obviously rehearsed this, it was so good. It was bumper to bumper racing with late passing deep into the corners, cutting off the other driver. They did their best to scare the cr*p out of us! It was great.