RC:
lukestern:
RC:

If you could choose between a Tesla S P100D and a Panamera ELV with the same performance and price tag, which one would you take? Honestly? I wouldn't have to think twice about my choice.

EDIT (didn't see it was the Panamera ELV that was the alternative)

Anyway, the Panamera ELV doesn't exist right now so the choice is not really viable to make. If I'd buy today I'd pick the P100D and drive it for 5 years and then I'll see what alternatives there are for the next car purchase. If the Panamera ELV is out by then and they have built up a good charging infrastructure then it might be a nice pick! Right now we don't know. Just like we don't know how the iPhone 12 will be like :)

True but I think you are underestimating the VW Group. This isn't only one company, this is a conglomerate of companies and development centers with very very capable people. I know that the emissions scandal kind of threw a bad light on them but these are very very capable people.

No, I'm not underestimating the VW group. Far from it. I've been working in large scale businesses with transformation to new processes and know how difficult and expensive it is to make those changes.

I think the challenge that the VW group is facing is bigger than you can imagine. They will for sure manage it in some way but I don't agree with your statements that they will destroy Tesla and the competition. I just don't see that trend.

I however really hope they mange to come up with nice products. Because I will be more than happy to purchase a Panamera ELV or a Macan ELV in 5 years if they turn out to be appealing and competitive.