Quote:
CF said:
Such a nice car except for the gearbox/shiftprogram.
Looks like it's going.
Going once....going twice....
Decision on monday.

Porsche probably lost a customer!!!!!

C'mon, Christian...you can't be serious. I'm sure there is a solution for the shifting/throttle response problem. If they offer a solution in the US, there should be one available for Europe too. I'll post soon as detailled owner report about the Cayenne Turbo and the shifting/throttle response is actually the only bad thing on the Cayenne. I just wonder why Porsche didn't fix it yet, they had almost two years to do it right. Yesterday, I drove our ML55 again and I thought I'm driving a sportscar in comparison with the Cayenne Turbo: throttle/shifting response is perfect, I just have to touch the throttle a little bit and the ML55 downshifts smoothly. When I lift the foot, it upshifts smoothly again. When I brake before a sharp turn, it downshifts smoothly and keeps the gear within the turn and even for a few seconds after that, then it smoothly upshifts again. Is it so difficult to get this setup for the Cayenne Turbo? They just have to adapt the throttle/shifting response from the PSM off setup, just with a better upshift and slightly smoother throttle response.

I think they reason why there is no "fix" for Europe yet: nobody has actually made complaints. My dealer and my mechanic never heard of this problem until I mentioned it.
The owner of my dealership even owns a Cayenne Turbo and he privately drives a GT3 and a GT2 and he didn't realize there is a problem with shifting/throttle response on the Cayenne. Before owning the Cayenne Turbo, I actually thought that there is some sort of mass paranoia in the US regarding shifting/throttle response (SORRY guys! ) because nobody here in Germany (incl. Jochen Albig) seemed to have heard about this problem. But after owning the Cayenne Turbo for a few days now and after 1000 km driving in it, there is DEFINETELY a serious problem regarding shifting/throttle response. For those owners who think there is nothing to complaint: turn the PSM off (don't worry, the Cayenne is still pretty safe on dry pavement) and judge by yourself. It is like turning a sheep into a wolf.