Quote:
RC said:
Quote:
aah986 said:
you know very well that it is very easy to reflash an ecu to stock settings before sending the broken car/engine to the dealer. I am not advising to do that, but you will never be busted if you don't have any other mods. Most tuners will reflash for free.

You know very well that you're pretty naive, do you?
Fact 1: Porsche asks for a motronic printout where the number of flashing actions are registered and many other things in short codes which only Porsche can decipher.
Fact 2: maximum rev and boost pressure figures are permanently registered in the ECU
Fact 3: operation time, etc. are saved into the speedo ECU, making it possible for Porsche to verify certain "anomalies", for example if you're using a second motronic unit
Fact 4: by looking at the damage, Porsche can tell a lot of things abnout rev figures, boost pressure, etc. If the damage is directly related to the tuning, they find it.

Don't take it personal but reflashing the ECU isn't helping at all, you just fell for the typical Tuner marketing talk ("not detectable"...bla bla bla).

RC, Why doesn't porsche allow for an X-50 retrofit at the dealership?...it seems to me there must be a cost prohibitive reason for it not being available. I suspect this statement won't endear me to all but I would much rather get a stock retrofit than use a tuner. As a porsche customer I just feel better with that arrangement. But yet it's not available..why...does anybody know?