Quote:
Grant said:
Carlos - My understanding is that it won't be a true active suspension like the one you're talking about. Those had no traditional springs and dampers, but had hydraulics that were driven by computers.

I think this "active" suspension is like the ones on Corvettes and Ferraris that give different shock setting to compensate for sport or comfort driving (Ferrari changes to firmer when you go fast or turn hard). They still use coil springs and shock absorbers. CF said there were three settings, while a true active suspension has infinite settings...

That makes sense Grant, I jumped inmediately into the real hydrolic "active suspension" like the ones used in F1 and other racing a while back before they were banned. I guess its just an "adaptive dampening" semi-active suspension really and its typical pre-set three different dampening positions. Thats not really a performance gain but rather just adds versatility since you can vary the shock's stiffness depending on your driving needs at various times.

So how does this car manage to lap the ring in the same time as the Mk1 GT3?

- its heavier,
- its no more powerfull,
- its has less agressive suspensions than the most radical of the n/a line-up, the GT3,
- less aerodinamic aids (no aerokit I pressume),
- same street tires (no R-compound Corsas or Pilot Sport Cups either),
- ABS or LSD with PSM instead of agressive LSD with T/C, etc.

So were is the trick? what does it have over the GT3 to compensate for all that?