Quote:
I can't hide the feeling that apparently the Cayenne has been developped by several different development teams and some did it right, some not.

I think I may have said something like this before myself.

I agree with most of your comments RC ... really all of you comments about the performance and mechanical character of the car. I think you will find ways to compensate for the throttle response and shifting problems. The thing is, we shouldn't have to!

About the exhaust sound, I think US users at least can probably get away with removing the exhaust on the Turbo without too much problem. It may be that the catalytic converters upstream provide sufficient backpressure so that removing the muffler doesn't really upset the fuel metering. See this quote from Peter Smith, Cayenne technical advisor at Porsche Club of America (link)

Quote:
I would like more exhaust noise. Can I replace the cats with a fewer cell cat and achieve this or does it require an entire exhaust change?

I would leave the cats alone and change out the exhaust behind the cats. If you take off the rear mufflers right behind the cats, the car sounds nasty. They easily slip off for any kind of update to go on. I don't know of any aftermarket exhaust yet, but I am sure you could get most muffler shops to put a custom exhaust on it for you.

Peter Smith - PCA WebSite - 8/23/2003