Quote:
GoPlay said:
I am considering a TT to replace my Suburban and X5 4.6. One of the duties it has to perform is tow my racecar and trailer. Total towing weight should just be at the TT's limit.

Are tires available for 20" and 22" wheels that can handle the full towing load of the TT?

Thanks,
Charles

Go for the OEM 20'' wheels (two different rim designs available) and you're on the safe side.
Just for your information: german TUEV allows a top speed of 80 kph (slightly over 50 mph) only when towing a trailer because of safety reasons. The same is valid with all other cars in Germany. I saw a SUV with a boat trailer on a US highway which passed me on the highway at a speed of around 90 mph (I was going around 80 mph). He had to brake a little bit in a wide curve and the trailer behind him became pretty "nervous" (no visible reason), he almost lost control of his truck. Just a hint...I know most people in the US don't care much about these warnings.

Regarding 22'' wheels: my dealer offered me a set in exchange for my 20'' Sport Techno (had to add some money). I refused because I compared the max. load of the tires. The OEM tires had 950 kg max. load, the 22'' tires only 875 kg.