absent:

You guys only prove my point, not the fault of the car that most of the drivers lack necessary skills to take it anywhere near the limits.

Electronic nannies did not exist not that long ago and all drivers had to deal with it, it made them better suited to deal with high performance vs today when most have to rely on "help" to be able to drive these cars (or any cars for that matter).

Agree with what W8MM says re the CGT but also worth pointing out re the above statement  that 600hp/600NM cars were not around pre electronic nannies, in the 959/F40 era 450PS was about all you got.

I do agree that the new super nannies have meant that there are now plenty of rich owners with access to mega hp exotica who in days gone by would be in trouble, I remember in about 1988 driving my 911SC around a track and watching a friend's colleague being schooled by his 959 as it went tail first off the track and into the barrier - my friend was an experienced racer (ironically he has crashed a CGT) and his colleague was his wealthy (but not into driving) business associate who wanted in on the deal when they purchased two 959s ! 

--

997 GT2 2014 3.9 Mezger, 800PS @ 1.2 bar

993 Turbo, 2006 built 3.8, 577PS/797NM, 1440kg DIN