Quote:
Gnil said:

6k on normal paved roads plus about 4 full track days.
The only ' problem' was that the inner part of the tyre wore off much faster then the 90% rest of the tyre.
I guess I could of done 2 or 3 K more if the allignment would of been perfect. This happened a day where I drove about 600 miles in one day, most on German higways at high speed.
Otherwise I admitt pulling hard most of the time on my first 2 gear..a lot and often...not good for tyre wear

Hehe, sounds familiar - on my 987 S (of course less power, but also less traction compared to the big brother) the rear tires have been finished after 9,000 miles - and that's without a single trackday, but with wifey driving the toy for appr. 30% of total mileage in smooth city mode
I saw a tyre wear related poll in another P-forum and if I recall correctly most users reported something like 9,000-10,000 miles (no Boxsters, but all kind of Carreras from old to new).
And I also bet there is a correlation between tyre wear and fuel hunger as well
Of course if you use the car primarily for commuting on highways at moderate speed tyre wear should be way better compared to an "Alpine Carver" like Gnil.
For me the car is more like a fun toy, so my equation is: one set of tyres for each summer season and one set of winter tyres for (probably) two winter seasons.
For me the rubber costs are the only ones exceeding the maintenance costs (in general) compared to other premium car brands.