Quote:
aah986 said:
Feel free to ask/crticize I know it is crazy but I will feel better if I am ever next to a certain fast car with a lot of plastic inside

You'll also love the bill Porsche will present to you if you have a damaged engine and warranty doesn't cover it.
We have "warned" people to wait with ECU mods a couple of times but apparently the desire of more power makes people blind. No matter what your "tuning pal" told you: nobody was able to test ECU mods yet in a way which could make them somehow "reliable". The time since the Turbo was introduced was too short, I even know Tuners who put their hands on the first Turbos after the factory re-opened end of August. It takes at least half a year or so to fully test an ECU mod and to make sure it works fine.
All the stuff available right now is half-bread, not fully tested and in many countries certainly not street-legal.

BTW: did I mention that a new 997 Turbo engine is in the 50000 USD range? Since Porsche doesn't approve repairs yet, this means that if the engine breaks down, you need a new one. Very cheap fun.